If you missed the August 3rd County Commissioner’s meeting, here are three videos that capture some of the content covered during the meeting related to the proposed Jungo Road Landfill:
Clip #1 [9:48] Martha Dolan Questioning Recology COO George McGrath
Clip #2 [8:26] Attorney Bob Dolan Questioning McGrath
Garbage #3 [7:08] John Doyle, then Mike Palmer question McGrath
Please take a few minutes to review these videos and learn about the types of hazardous materials they intend to deposit in the landfill (e.g., asbestos), and that given the prevailing prevailing winds, could easily find itself in our airspace.
According to COO, George McGrath, the project needs to be economically viable. It therefore seems that all we would need to do to get them to keep their garbage in California instead of northern Nevada is to make it anything but economically viable.
- Staff Rpt [UH-07-05] Use Permit 2007-04-03
- Minutes-Rgnl Plang Comm 2007-04-12
- Jungo Application to Rgnl Planning Comm 2007-04-20
- Rgnl Plang Comm Acceptance Form 2007-04-23
- NDEP-Tentative Permit 2009-05-26
- Dolan’s Request for Public Hearing 2009-07-03
- Notice of Public Hearing Scheduled For 2009-08-19