- Date and Time: 01/12/2010, 6:30 PM-8:00 PM
- Location: Delioso Global Coffee
- Attendees: KC Harrison, Roger Rock, Nicki Schumacher, Gordon Schumacher, Patrick Hennigan, Bill Smiley, Don Rogers, Vickie Rock (via speaker phone)
Guest Speaker: Tami Spero, Humboldt County Clerk
- Voter Registration: No windows for voter registration, date of receipt at clerks’ office or date of postmark will be used to determine registration eligibility
- Petitions: Signatures must be from registered voters to be valid
- Primary Election will be held June 8, 2010, early voting will be May 22 – June 4, 2010.
- Primary: Voter Registration Drive documents must be postmarked by May 8, 2010; people can register in person at County Clerks’ office until May 18.
- General: Voter Registration Drive documents must be postmarked by Oct 2, 2010; people can register in person at County Clerks’ office until Oct 12.
- Locally, office of Mayor and two council seats (2 & 5) are open. A number of school district seats are also open. Candidates must reside in a particular district to represent that district (for Seats F/G candidates can reside anywhere in the city limits)
- Military members serving out-of-state/overseas are now eligible to vote via email through the HC Clerks’ office.
- Approval of Previous Minutes: No minutes were available for previous meeting; no quorum
- Approval of Treasurer’s Report: Approval moved by Nicki Schumacher and seconded by Don Rogers; unanimously approved
- Soup Kitchen Project: Nicki Schumacher brought everybody up-to-date on the Soup Kitchen project and thanked and noted all members who have graciously donated their time to support this project. In the future, HumboldtDems will be alternating serving dinner at the Soup Kitchen on the 4th Sunday of each month with the Methodist Church.
- Reid for Senate Campaign: KC Harrison covered the results of a number of polls that have been conducted over the past week asking whether Nevadans think Harry Reid should resign. Overall, most indicated Nevadans didn’t think Reid should resign.
- Reid for Governor Campaign: Vickie Rock noted that she has been working with the Rory Reid Campaign attempting to set up a date that Rory Reid could come to Winnemucca for an event. The campaign is looking for a potential date in March.
- County Caucus: County Caucuses will be held across Nevada on Saturday, Feb. 27, 2010. KC Harrison explained that he had talked to the Principal at French Ford Middle School and that we could use that facility for the Caucus if we agreed. Nicki moved, Bill Smiley accepted and members in attendance unanimously approved FFMS as the site for the Caucus. We’re still attempting to get necessary information related to the Caucus sessions from the NVDems party .
- County Convention: The slated date for Counties to hold their County Conventions has been set for April 24.
Meeting concluded at 8:00PM. Next scheduled meeting: February 9, 2010.