Our February Meeting was held on Wednesday, February 10. The meeting was called to order at 6:55 PM after a healthy discussion about issues surrounding the health care debate, the Harry Reid campaign, and the Rory Reid campaign.
Attendees: Cindy Trigg (NV-Rural Rep), Roger Rock, Nicki and Gordon Schumacher, Theresa Navarro, KC Harrison, Don Rogers, John and Joy Darre, Kathy Adman, Patrick Henigin, and Vickie Rock.
Nicki moved and Don seconded that the January minutes as posted be accepted. Nicki moved and Patrick seconded that the Treasurer’s report be accepted as read.
Cindy Trigg, NVDems Rural Representative, conducted a training session covering logistics and processes we’ll need to use in conducting our February 27 Democratic County Caucus.
- All locations for the precinct caucus event should be reserved and secured.
- If verification of an insurance rider is required, contact Cindy at firstname.lastname@example.org. She’ll make the necessary arrangements and let us know what the charges for the rider (by location, not by county) will be.
- Make sure to post the location/time and business to be conducted.
- Packets from NVDems should be mailed 2/10 with information for your caucus.
- Agendize your meeting agenda for the Caucus.
- Seek volunteers to serve on various committees: Rules, Credentials, Platform and have sign-up sheets.
- Post sign at your Caucus location 5 Days in advance of the Caucus alerting people to your Caucus’s site, as well as at other appropriate bulletin boards around town.
- Don’t forget to use appropriate signs for your indoor venue to point out things like restrooms.
- Promote upcoming Democratic and community events at the Caucus.
- NV-Dems organization will be placing advertisements throughout the state notifying citizens where they can participate in their local county precinct caucuses.
- Familiarize yourselves with provisions of NRS: Chapter 293 – Elections
- Delegate forms will be in triplicate (one for individual, HCDCC and NV-Dems)
- Cindy will be starting work on setting up a NV-Rurals Group.
- Theresa Navarro is working diligently on health care reform issues.
- Rory Reid meet ‘n’ greet session is scheduled for tomorrow from 3:30-5:00 PM at French Ford Middle School library.
- Organizing for America will be here on March 1st conducting a session for local residents.
- Harry Reid Campaign will be making a rural tour at some point in the next couple of months.
Meeting adjourned at 7:40 PM