The Humboldt County Democratic Convention
will be held this Saturday, April 14, 2012
at French Ford Middle School, 5495 E Palisade St, Winnemucca.
Pre-Registration: 13 April 2012 from 6-9PM by calling 775-623-1029
Saturday Registration: 14 April 2012 from 9AM-12AM
Delegates and alternates who wish to run for a National Delegate position at the state convention (third tier) must file a Preliminary Delegate Intent Form prescribed by the Nevada State Democratic Party no later than 10:00 a.m. on April 14th.
NOTE: Additionally, candidates for the position of delegate or alternate to the Democratic National Convention shall be required to submit a Delegate Intent Form/Statement of Candidacy, which is to be filed with the Nevada State Democratic Party (NSDP) no later than 10:00 a.m. on June 10, 2012. The Delegate Intent Form/Statement of Candidacy will be available on the NSDP website (www.nvdems.com) after April 14, 2012. Candidates are encouraged to file with the NSDP in advance of the final deadline. To qualify as a delegate/alternate candidates to the National Democratic Convention you MUST participate in each step of the caucus to convention process (as specified in the NSDP Delegate Selection Plan).
Convention will convene promptly at 11am. Business to be conducted at the convention includes:
- All delegates and alternates must register a presidential preference or uncommitted status at the time of registration.
- A non-binding presidential preference poll will be conducted at the county conventions based on written pledges of support.
- The numbers of Delegates/Alternates to the State Convention for each preference group will be determined.
- Delegates and Alternates to the NV State Democratic Convention will be elected
by non-secret signed ballot [1 delegate per 150 registered Democrats]
- Should the number of delegates and alternates to a county convention not exceed that county’s maximum delegate allocation to the state convention, all delegates and alternates shall become automatic delegates to the state convention.
- Introduce/Debate/Amend/Approve/Reject proposed Democratic Platform Resolutions (See the Resolutions tab above)
- Elect Officers of the Humboldt County Central Committee (Chair, Vice Chair, Secretary, Treasurer)