THAT DAY WHEN THE NORTH POLE BECAME A LAKE…
Climate change is happening now. In July 2013, a lake formed at the North Pole due to unprecedented melting Arctic sea ice. And yet, at least 127 members of Congress still refuse to accept fossil fuels are warming the planet. And the mainstream media regularly spreads doubt and misinformation about climate science. Well, they say a picture is worth a thousand words … here’s the picture.
If we want climate action, we have to fight climate denial. Luckily, we have social media to spread the word. And the facts are on our side. Forecast the Facts has made a powerful image commemorating the melting of the Arctic. Check it out and share it to fight for climate science.
Please share it with everyone you know–thanks!
- North Pole Now a Lake (livescience.com)
- The Methane Released from the Melting Arctic Could Have a $60 Trillion Price Tag (motherboard.vice.com)
- Arctic Methane “Burp”: A Climate Catastrophe with $60 Trillion Pricetag (commondreams.org)
- The North Pole is now a lake (o.canada.com)
- New Research Finds Melting Arctic May Cost Global Economy $60 Trillion (thinkprogress.org.feedsportal.com)